Mint tea is the herb drink that is prepared by permeating mint leaves into the boiling water. A great refreshment during extreme summers , mint tea helps in the secretion of bile. There are two types of mint tea. One is the Peppermint Tea and the other is the Spearmint Tea. Loaded with a large amount of oils especially methanol , peppermint tea has a great cooling effect. Peppermint teas are also rich in minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium , copper as well as vitamin c.
Spearmint has lesser amount of menthol present so the taste seems a little sweeter . Spearmint contains vitamin a, b, c and vitamin b6.
How to make mint tea:
- Accumulate a handful of fresh mint leaves (organic) and place them in a small sieve over the bowl.
- Add 2 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Boil the water and pour over the leaves.
- Cover the bowl and let the tea leaves soak in for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Gently discolor the mint leaves with the help of a spoon for releasing the oils, then remove the strainer pressing on the leaves to excerpt the liquid.
- Pour into tea mug and add honey or sugar if required.
Benefits of mint tea :
- Helps in weight loss
- Improves your immune system
- Fights against bad breath
- Relieves stress