Dandelion Root Tea can be said to be the mannitol tea, that aids in proper liver function, and helps the body detoxify. It’s been used for centuries by traditional medicine makers for liver and kidney health. To make dandelion root tea, break the dandelion root in a mortar since it is bulky. Dandelion root tea is basically a decoction process rather than an infusion one. First of all the root needs to be simmered in a pan on the stove in water for about 15 minutes. Allow the decoction to settle down and strain it into your cup. For safety precautions ,use non-enameled tetsubin on the stove top to stew the decoction over low heat.
Procedure for making Dandelion tea at home:
1. Add 2 cups of water to 2 teaspoon of herb.
2. Simmer it for 15 minutes.
3. Shut off the heat.
4. Allow the mixture to settle in the pan.
5. Stain and pour it into the cup. If you make extra, store the remainder in the fridge but gulp it within 24 hours.
- Triggers insulin production keeping the blood sugar proportion minimum in the bloodstream.
- Helps in urination which in turn keeps the kidneys as well as the urinary tract clean.
- Helps in treating cancer
- Reduces inflammation so regular intake of this tea is recommended for people with inflamed tissues.
- Consuming dandelion tea after the last meal speeds up digestion and prevents bloating, constipation, hemorrhoids as well as diarrhea.
- Improves blood circulation throughout the body.
- Helps in detoxifying enzymes in the liver.